Thursday, June 11, 2009

Connected
















Today was a "twin day." A lot of the time I take the fact that I have 2 toddlers pretty much in stride. Other days I really notice the "twin thing." Those are sometimes brutal days. Two babies getting into the same things, two babies showing each other all the trouble the other one hadn't thought to get into yet, two babies struggling to master basic skills, twice as many diapers, two babies trying to climb the entertainment unit at the same time . . . today was one of those days. . . and then I picked up some pictures from the photo lab.

Aren't they beautiful? Isn't this moment the most precious thing you've ever seen? Right in the midst of "that kind of day" I stop and take a look at the picture of these two sweet boys holding hands, simply going about their day together. I look at this picture and I am reminded that they are connected to one another in an incredible way. They are constantly drawn to each other and they love to be together. They hold hands often now and are constantly seeking the other out.
They, in their little baby way, love each other already.

Reminding myself of their sweetness and their innocence, I listen to their precious laughter upstairs right now as my husband is catching one of them in the act of throwing toys down the vent again and I think, "See ya! I'm off to the library for a little peace and quiet! Good luck with that!!!"








1 comment: