Monday, June 1, 2009

Worth the Wait


This weekend I attended a wedding of a couple of friends from Hamilton. Terry and I loved the wedding, partly because it was fun and relaxing and casual but also because it reminded us so much of our wedding. It was a similar style of reception, but even that was not the reason. We loved it because we had waited a very long time to find each other and could barely contain our happiness when we finally did.

This wedding was similar in that my friend Kelly had waited even longer than I, until Glyn came along. Seeing the look on her face when she realized that she is actually a "Mrs." now, was incredible. It's like it just dawned on her "FINALLY - this is for real." I loved that. I know she had moments when she felt like her turn would never come and doubts that God could have someone out there especially for her after all this time, but what a moment when she realized it came and He did.

No matter how long it takes, God really does fulfill the desires of our heart. Even when we sometimes give up believing it. He never does.

1 comment: