Tuesday, May 26, 2009

it's IN!!!!!

Okay, well maybe not totally in, but pretty much. I am, of course, talking about the long awaited vegetable garden. I have one more row to go and then it's done! My fingernails are caked in dirt, my skin has a particular brown-ish hue, my shoes are completely sodden and I LOVE it!

I have spent each nap-time for the past week out there in the blazing sun, watering this and planting that. I have forgone my reality TV nights for digging in the dark of night after they've gone to bed. My back aches and I am exhausted beyond measure. I have actually dreamed at night about compost; yes, I really am this enthusiastic about compost. There is a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of - dare I say - pride in the effort I put into it. There is just something special about working hard to do something you've never done before instead of just letting each day be the same as the one before it.

My back aches and I am exhausted beyond measure. This is definitely the life for me.

2 comments:

  1. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
    Psalm 128:2

    (That's why you love it so much!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....just awaiting the picture proof.....

    ReplyDelete