Saturday, May 16, 2009

Together


I love pictures like this one. Mom took this picture when we met her for brunch on Mother's Day. We were just walking along outside the restaurant, letting the boys blow off a little steam before packing them in the car again for an hour long ride back home.
Here are the four of us, walking along together, with no idea that this would eventually become one of those moments that we treasure later when we think back on it. As soon as I saw the picture, I melted a little inside. I hardly ever need any kind of reminder to feel incredibly blessed by the life I have been given, but it's still nice to get every once in a while anyhow.
Terry was an unexpected gift to me. I was in my thirties when we got married and it's safe to say, I was pretty sure "Mr. Right" must have missed my street when he was out looking for me. I was determined not to "settle" - although, not without some close calls in that department - and it was so very worth the wait. He turned out to be everything I had been looking for, and then some. And then some. And then some.
After that, to top it all off, we are very quickly given these two precious, ridiculously funny, sweet boys. It gets a little crazy around here sometimes . . . okay, a lot crazy, but that's okay.
We're together and that's the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment