Thursday, May 21, 2009

So many books...



So many books, so little time.
I am so happy that both my boys are learning to love books and "reading." Ben is one for spending much of his time quietly reading to himself, while Sam just loves to have his favourite books read to him; often the same one over and over and over again. I hope to cultivate this love of books over the years so they will continue to grow and learn and enjoy the simple pleasure of sitting quietly with a good book.
I particularly love the picture of the boys' Aunt Sandy, reading to Sam. That one's a "keeper" for me as I treasure her place in their lives so much and will love to have that picture years from now. She, her husband, Mark, Abby (aka "Barbara') and Tyler (aka "T") are incredibly special to the boys. They usually take them for sleepovers about once a month (yippee!!!); even since they were only weeks old, so the boys know them very well and adore them (gross understatement). We are blessed beyond measure to have their influence as the boys grow and mature.
Speaking of their influence, I should get the boys' bag ready as they're heading over there for a special little visit this afternoon so I can get some gardening done. Did I mention that I love those guys? Oh, I definitely do!

1 comment:

  1. I love how Ben is reading the back of the book to find out if it's worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete