Monday, July 13, 2009

Dirt


It could be kind of embarassing when you hand a store clerk money with a hand creased brown and dirt under the fingernails, but I don't mind. I had been out digging in the garden, thinning the radish and carrot seedlings and found, to my delight, tiny breakfast radish. Wow - so there really is something going on down there under the ground, after all! Sometimes I wonder. I had wriggled my hand underneath the enormous potato plants to see if there were any wee little new potatoes I could sneak, but couldn't find a thing. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place or, my great fear abounds, maybe there is nothing to show for my efforts but a gigantic bed of inedible leaves. Stranger things have happened.
What a thrill then to discover a little treasure ripe for the plucking. It gives me hope that maybe things really are growing under all that dirt in the garden (not just under my fingernails) and that I can't rush things just for wanting to. Patience patience patience, I say to myself (sigh). I could be patient, if only these things would hurry a bit.

2 comments:

  1. great shots :)
    can't wait to see the veggie pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya!!

    So cool!

    I still remember when I watered your garden!
    That was F-U-N!

    For the Summer I water ALL the plants in the backyard, frontyard, AND the two decks!!

    (For 2 bucks)........:0.....:)

    Love ya!

    Meggie-Pie

    ReplyDelete